Monday 20 April 2009

Things are starting to sprout...

What is it about the change of seasons, particularly the blossom scattered, chlorophyll fuelled shift from winter to spring that suddenly gets the creative parts of my brain working again?  After months of dry, bone-dead ideas, I'm having obscure ideas at awkward times - usually when I'm walking, computer-less, without paper or pen - having to rely on saving ideas in txt spk on my mobile.

I think walking and listening to the pod helps.  Music has always been an almost integral part of my writing - to the extent that usually I keep a record of what I'm listening to while I'm writing.  I love the idea of giving someone a track list to listen to whilst they read...

I'm trying not to think that it might actually be the exercise sending more blood to my brain and making the squishy thing work better...  If I thought that, I'd have to do more exercise...

The ideas from today:  using a song to trigger a character's memory flashback; and mermaids...  I'll let you know how things progress.

No comments: