Saturday 11 April 2009

Oh, for blogs sake...

I don't think I can take it anymore, I've been talking about blogging for so long that I feel like I've already started writing about the damn thing and yet there's no blog...

There's no entry a week, for an undisclosed time period, listed backwards chronologically, expressing creativity and emotion into a private forum that no one reads.  There's no blog to encourage me to write, to actually get something down on paper/screen even if it is just blog bumpf and nothing of any consequence. 

No blog to use as an excuse to not work on something that I'm actually mean't to be doing.

No blog.

Reading everyone's Twitter updates linking to blog updates, it suddenly struck me...  So what if I have nothing to say, nothing to promote - only an unedited-half-finished novel that I ignore like an elephant in the room.  So what if I'm not funny, interesting, co-herant or lucid.  So what if no one reads it...  So what if I'm only doing this for myself as a self-motivational tool in order to encourage myself to do the editing, to do some writing, to do SOMETHING.

There could be a blog...  There could very easily be a blog...

What's to stop me?

What's to stop you?

Why are you still reading this?  Go do your effing blog.

No comments: