Sunday 26 July 2009

With a little help from my friends...

Today has been a productive day.

With a little help from my regular Sunday night Rock Band crew, who have been waiting to read the novel I've been working on for-ever, I was placed in the situation where I had to provide them with some of it to read, by today, under pain of mockery or Chinese burns.

I am pleased to say that I handed over the prologue to Matt and Adam this evening with a list of music that kept me company whilst I wrote, or that fit with the tale...

Here's the list, expect the words next week...

The Last Man - Clint Mansell

Darkest Days - Stabbing Westward

Waiting For The Night - Depeche Mode

Crawling - Linkin Park

Disposable Teens - Marilyn Manson

Chinese Burn - Curve

Burn - Nine Inch Nails

Greedly Fly - Bush

The Noose - Perfect Circle

The Kill - 30 Seconds To Mars

Prayers For Rain - The Cure

Something I Can Never Have - Nine Inch Nails

A Beautiful Lie - 30 Seconds To Mars

I Put A Spell On You - Marilyn Manson

Ich Will - Rammstein

Get Your Gun - Marilyn Manson

Bodies - Drowning Pool

From Yesterday - 30 Seconds To Mars

Pet - Perfect Circle

Famous Last Words - My Chemical Romance

Broken Bones - Howling Bells

Blood - Editors

Low Happening - Howling Bells

Teardrop - Massive Attack

Haunted - Evanescence

Haunting Me - Stabbing Westward

Every Day Is Exactly The Same - Nine Inch Nails

The Trick Is To Keep Breathing - Garbage

3 comments:

Tim said...

Clint Mansell's soundtrack to The Fountain is a fucking beast (and the film's not bad either). Death Is The Road To Awe blows my socks off every time.

That is all.

PS - Looking forward to more fiction. Enquiring minds demand stimulating reading material!

twistedwitch said...

Tim, thanks for your comment - I adore The Fountain movie and soundtrack, but am also a huge fan of the graphic novel Aronofsky created when he thought he was going to have problems producing the movie he wanted. It's pretty much his director's cut of the movie.

I love writing listening to music but depending upon how immersed I am sometimes orchestral scores are the best background sound fodder. They help set the emotional mood without being distracting.

My favourite cd's to listen to are Clint Mansell's The Fountain, Rob Dugan's 2 disc set of Furious Angels, Tyler Bate's 300 movie soundtrack, anything by Dead Can Dance, the Halo 3 soundtrack and any of the Lord of the Rings soundtracks...

I used to write to the Harry Potter movie scores but found beardy wizards cropping up in my writing...

More fiction soon, I promise...

TwitterNovel said...

Good stuff. I have every one of those on my iPod already, which should probably worry me. :)